Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jan 9


Hello

This has been a very interesting week. Not one of my favorite weeks.
Elder Mecham and I have really focused on getting members to our
lessons. On Saturday we had two lessons that we were going to be
taking members to. Both lessons were canceled but of course they
couldn't let us know before hand so we took members to no shows:) Love
that....NOT! It has been crazy how many apointments we had cancel this
week. BLAH. Oh well I guess that is just how things go sometimes. You
have to go through that all the time with your secret meetings.

The most exciting thing that happened this week is President and
Sister Morby came to our District Meeting ans we also had interviews.
I love the Morbys they are such wonderful people. They are the kind of
people that when you are aroud them you just have to smile. You can't
help it. They love the Gospel so much and they are always helping us
to be better.

I was able to get a new bike this week and a much better lock. It is
so different to me how much you can't trust people here. This last
week our bikes got stolen, a members car window got broken out at the
church and a less actives apartment was broken into while they were in
Idaho. People here are very much an entitled people. It is sad. I
really don't care that my bike got stolen. It makes me laugh a little
bit to be honest but it is sad to see how lazy people are here. It is
not uncommon for people to sleep until 1 or 2 in the afternoon get up
watch tv until about 10 and then go to bed. The worst part is they
can't understand why they dont have money to pay their bills.I don't
know I am just glad that I have been taught how to work and to provide
for myself.

Thanks for sending that stuff. I would love some oatmeal. I am trying
to eat really healthy in the morning and at lunch so that when I go to
dinner I can eat without having to worry too much. The great news is I
still haven't gained any weight. I still have enough money for right
now but I  had to use all of my HSA money so I might need some down
the road. I will let you know. We get $125 a month but that really
isn't enough to buy what we need. Even without spending money on
extras most missionaries run out on the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment