Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jan 15


Dear Family,

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!! Too bad that ment no internet
access at the library. We had a pretty good week. Right now Elder
Mecham and I are really focusing on getting in contact with people in
the ward that haven't had contact with the church or been home taught
for at least 12 months. This list has 150 names on it (Bishop Dance
would hate the home teaching in this ward about 35 - 40 %). The list
was split up between High Priests, Elders, Young Men and Ward
Missionaries. The only problem is that Elder Mecham and I have been
doing most of this work. One of the members of the Mission Presidency
found this out and was ticked!!! He said why are we sending the
missionaries after people who probably don't want the gospel in their
lives. Oh well we are almost done with the list so we are going to
just keep pushing forward with it.

Probably the most exciting thing that happened this week is that there
was talk of snow. This city shuts down I guess if there is even just a
skiff of snow. I am glad that I am not in a car area right now because
most mission vehicles are grounded. Probably due to the three car
accidents that happened on Sunday. I have no clue ho that happened
because the snow wasn't even sticking the roads were just wet. Anyway
too bad for them because if they have a car it usually meens that they
need it to really function in the area. Elder Mecham and I can walk
and still be effective. It is so funny though all the buses have
chains on and all it is doing is tearing up the roads. Whatever I
don't pay any taxes in this state.

I also got to go to the Portland Temple for the first time. It is a
beautiful temple with lots of dark wood work. I still love the Idaho
Falls Temple. I really think that it is my favorite. We get to go to
the temple every three months. I wish it was more but it is more that
most missions so I am greatful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment