Saturday, February 11, 2012

Feb 7


Ok first off sorry about the letter last week. I got a warning when I had four minutes left and I just kept typing and then I thought to myself how much longer do I have so I looked and only had 20 seconds left and so I just sent it. Ok on to other things.
 
Transfers were yesterday which is why there was no e-mail. Elder Mecham and I both got pulled out of Gresham (super frustrating). We finally had a real investigator and we got pulled. It is a good thing that the Lord has a hand in it other wise I would be super mad. That being said I really like where I am at now. McMinnville... a small town out in the middle of no where. There are only about 30,000 people here. It really reminds me of Soda Springs. Only way more trees. I now cover two wards The McMinnville YSA Branch and then the Daton Ward. Daton is about like Grace. It will be a lot of fun serving here I think. One thing to note is that the Library here is not open on Mondays so I will e-mail on Tuesday. Another Bounus about transfers is that I am now in a car.
 
Leaving Hartley Park was SUPER hard. I love the people there so much. The really support the missionaries. On Saturday we went over to the Lowes house to say goodbye because we figured that one of us was going to be transfered. They are super nice. Sister Lowe is from Firth and knows Elder Mechams family. They invited us back that night to watch 17 Miracles.What a great movie that is! THey had to drive to Deseret Book to buy it so the offered to pick us up anything that we needed so I had them get me the missionary library. Then on Sunday we went and said goodbye to other members of the ward the McMullins, Sister Paxson, Hofstrands, James and of course the Strommers. THat was REALLY hard. One thing that the Strommers do at the dinner table is everyone tells their favorite thing of the day. I love that tradition and on birthdays it is favorite thing about the person. So they did favorite things about Elder Mecham and I and then gave us a card that they all had signed. We also recieved many threats about coming back and that if we didn't they would hunt us down. Will even said that he would come and burn down our towns. I love that kid and that Family so much.
 
Life really sounds good. You would think that you would slow down sometime but I know that that really isn't in our blood. We live for insanity. That must really be fun having Erik and Chelsie there. I wish that I could see them but I am glad to be out here. Yesterday aas we left Portland to come out to McMinnville I was amazed at how beautiful it really is. There are about 30 wineries that we passed on the way. They look so cool. Also there is an aviation museum in our area and we are going there today. It looks way cool. They have the Spruce Goose. THey also have a water park with a comercial jet liner that they have turned into a huge waterslide. I want to go there when I come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment