Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jan. 2


Happy New Year Family!!!

So Elder Mecham and I got the new year started out right. We played
card games until 10:15pm and then brushed our teeth and went to bed.
We had to wake up at 6am because we have PEC at 7:20. Ever since I
left home I have become a super light sleeper (I hate it). Anyway so I
was up half the night listening to traffic which is FANTASTIC;) but I
was able to fall asleep about 2ish and stay asleep until just before
6. I sleep right next to the outside wall next to the stair case that
leads up to the apartments above us. Under the stair case is a place
to lock up bikes. We don't us that very often because we have a closet
that we can lock them up in but it is kind of a pain so everyonce in a
while we will chain them up outside. So just before I heard a lound
bang from the rod that the bikes are locked up on and I was a little
confused but then I heard a squeeking noise which Elder Mecham's bike
makes. I then heard the gate that locks off the enterance to our
apartment off slam shut. I thought to myself, "I think our bikes just
got stolen." I was going to run outside and try to see but I was only
in my garments so I didn't. So I went out and looked after I got
dressed and sure enough both bikes, helmets & the lock were gone. So I
get to start the year off with a brand new bike!!! It is really kind
of a funny story it makes me laugh to think about it. I just find
myself hoping that they can use the bike to help feed their family for
a little while or something. Who knows though. It doesn't matter I
just figure they must need it worse than I do. The only part that bugs
me is that there is someone who keeps leaving the gate open so I am
sure that is how they got in.

Other than that it has been a little bit of a slower week. I was sick
again two days this week. So frustrating!!! I just think that it must
be the change in diet. I don't know though. I have only thrown up one
but I constantly feel like I am going to. The worst part is that my
stomach is constantly cramped. I bought a bunch of fruits and
vegatables today that I think I am going to eat durring the day and
just save the heavy food for at night when we go over to members
houses. We are so well taken care of in this ward. In December there
was only one day that we didn't have a dinner but that was made up for
the night that we had two dinners. This ward really rocks though. Our
January calendar is full every night and most of Febuary is as well.

This week we spent time helping the ward contact people. There are 150
people that have not been to church of home taught in over a year so
they are trying to get in touch with them. This has huge potential for
us because many of them are part member families. Hopefully we will
see good things come in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment