Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 14

Hello!!!
Wow what a change this week has been. It is amazing the difference that less than 100 miles can make. The people here in McMinnville are so much different than those in Gresham. I also now know why everyone says that Portland is beautiful... because no one goes to Gresham for vacation they all go to Downtown Portland and out to the coast. I am out towards the coast now so it really is beautiful. I love the vineyards. Probably not a good thing for a missionary to say but they keep all the grape vines trimmed back and they grow in strait lines and are evenly spaced. LOVE IT!!
 
The work here is way different! I went from teaching 15-20 lessons a week to teaching 3. Blah! Not my favorite week at all. But we are going to change that. If we can't find investigators we are going to start teaching members because as you can imagine it doesn't take very long for a town of thirty thousand people to get tracted out especially when there are four companionships none of which really have anything going on. So it gets tracted out about every three months. And unlike in Gresham there are not very many people out on the streets so that really isn't an option any more. Time to learn new ways I guess.
 
So guess what happened again this week..... On Thursday night I got a call from the office elders (usually not a good sign). I had called the office and asked them to move my bike to the mission home for storage while I am in a car area. So on Wednesday the elders had gone out to Gresham to get my bike and take another elder his. So they went and picked mine up and then went over to another apartment in Gresham they unloaded the bike that they were dropping off and took it upstairs to the Elders. They came back out about five minutes later and all the bikes in the back of the truck..........GONE. OH joy! SO I have now been out for five months and gone through two bikes. The only good thing is that because it was the mission that lost it this time they are going to pay for it. So someone gets a bike that is only one month old courtesy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
 
Sounds like that you had a really fun week though. Tell you what, I really miss having home made bread. The stuff from the store is really not very good. It is fun to hear about all of the family activites. I miss being a part of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment