Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March 10


Hey!!
 
This past week has been really great! We had zone conference and President Morby had really great trainings for us. He is such an awesome man and really loves the gopel. There were some really thick moments during the meeting. When President talked about the missions being split he was in tears. He said "President Morby is having a transfer and I don't like it." I think that the hardest thing is that he has no idea what is going to happen. He said as soon as he knows anythinghe will let us know but he isn't sure that we will know until the split happens July 1st. He did say that we would be effected by both the Salem and the Vancoover missions but that is all that he knows right now. He also talked about the Abrahamic covenant and how that applies to us as missionaries. I am beginning to realize how much I really don't understand about the gospel. There is so much that can apply to us as God's children I had never really thought about. I am just glad that I have and that I took the chance to come out and serve. There is no substitue for what I have learned and the way that my testimony has been strengthened by my service. I know that I am not out here for me but I am seeing so many great miracles in my own life.
 
Even better than the miracles that I am seeing in my life are  the miracles that I get to see in others lives. This past week we were able to meet with our investigator Leatha. It was awesome! Her husband Don was also able to come. They both really listened intently and then as we taught about the restoration and about Joseph Smith the spirit was so strong that you could have cut it with a knife. Leatha was really touched and was in tears as she lightened and then we asked her to give the closing prayers and she could hardly talk. It was by far the most spiritual experiance of my mission. We are going to be challenging both of them to a baptism date this week.
 
Another miracle is we had a lesson with a less active that was baptized about three years ago. He hasn't been to church for about 2 years. This past week we really challenged him to come to church after we taught about the plan of salvation and once again the spirit was so strong that you couldn't deny it. Well church started and he wasn't there... I was so sad. I really wanted him to come and make those steps back into the church. Well just after the the meeting started I looked over just as he walked in. He came and sat next to me. I was so happy.
 
It is really crazy how fast the time goes but I am so glad that I still have time to serve the Lord and really partake of this opportunity to share the gospel.
 
Thanks for all your love and prayers!!
 
Love YA'LL!
 
Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment