Monday, March 4, 2013

March 3


Hey!!!
 
Sounds like ya'll had an awesome week! Jessica got her mission call and then Krystal got to go to the temple!! It is so cool how much our family is growing and how involved our family is in the hastening of the work. There is nothing as cool as being a missionary right now. It is cool to think that our family really is a missionary family!
 
I had a good week as well. This week we had several lessons that we were able to teach and we got a new investigator, who is very interested in the gospel and has come to church 8 times all ready this year. I really believe that she will be the next baptism that I have. We also had several great things happen with others that we work with. One really cool thing that happened is one of the less actives that we are working with was in the Hartley Park ward in Gresham while I was there!! I know that the Lord sends us where we are needed and I really wonder if this is why I am needed here. While I was in Gresham I had a really good relationship with Sister Burtlow and she came to church for the first time in a while this past week!! I was so happy! Her husband came as well which was really awesome because I have never seen him at church before.
 
This past week I also had a miracle happen for me as well. On Wednesday I woke up and I did not feel well at all. I sat down on the couch after prayers and fell asleep (1hour). The next thing I know Elder Wohlleben is asking me if I am going to get in the shower. So I get up and go in the shower but really didn't feel any better so I tld Elder Wohlleben that I was going to go back to bed but to get me up for companion study. Well he did his personal and language studies (2 hours) and then woke me up for comp study. After about thirty minutes of comp study, I was still not feeling well.  I didn't know if I could do this so, so I took a bunch of vitamins and some medicine and Elder Wohlleben made me some pepermint tea and then i went back to bed. As I got into bed I said a little prayer that went like this; Heavenly Father I have rested my body, I have taken vitamins, I took some medicine but I also have been given a blessing when Elder Russell M Nelson came to the mission that I would have the health needed to do this work. I am going to go to sleep again but when I wake up I need to be healthy. So I fell asleep again (1 1/2 hours). When I woke up I felt better but still not great. I looked at it as a test of my faith and we left to go out and work and almost as soon as we went out to work I felt better. I know that the Lord really hears and listens to our prayers.
 
I love this gospel!! There is nothing in this world that can bring us more peace than the knowledge that we all can make it back to live with God again. I love you all and am thankful for all your prayers for me!!
 
Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment