Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March 31


Hey!!
 
Thanks for the package! I was so excited to open it and see Cadbury Mini Eggs and Peeps. Best Easter candy ever! The peeps are sitting on my shelf to dry out... they should be ready in about a week:) On Saturday we had dinner at a members house and on the counter there were two bowls full of Easter M&M's and it reminded me so much of home and I told them that I was willing to bet that there was a similar stash at my house.
 
Things here are going really well. Elder Walker and I are really seeing miracles take place and there are so many good things that are going to start taking place. I am so amazed at how ready he is to be here, there is no way that at 18  I would be as good as he is. The Lord has really prepared the way for alll these new missionaries to come out ready to serve and ready to work. This past week was a bit of a struggle just because it was spring break and everyone that we are working with decided that they needed to leave. Oh well that just means that this next week will be just that much bigger and better.
 
Easter yesterday was so wonderful. I love that we can ponder about what the Atonement does for us and how much Christ has blessed me in my life. No matter what happens he has been and always will be there for us. It is really interesting that much of what we understand about the Atonement comes from the Book of Mormon. Is it any wonder why we are told that we will come closer to God through the Book of Mormon than through any other book? Understanding and applying the Atonement is the only way to come closer to God. There is no other way.
 
I love where I am and what I am doing. Here in Portland we are really seeing the effects of the Lord hastening the work. We are not getting too many new missionaries in right now (not too many meaning 30 every six weeks) and I think that it is mostly because President Morby and the Portland mission are in charge of having the Salem mission and the Vancouver mission up and running with new mission homes, offices, cars, missionaries, etc. by July 1st. Needless to say President is way busy right now. This past transfer he was up until 3am on the day of transfers trying to get companionships together. He knew who was getting transfered but not where they were going... I don't even know how he is doing it.
 
I love you all and am greatful for all that you do for me.
 
Dustin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment