Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 9, 2012


Hello once again!
 
Time really flies by doesn't it. Elder Henrie and I were looking at the calendar last night and noticed that we only have two more P-days until transfers. That means that I have been in McMinnville for almost three months. And it seems like Andy just went back out but now he is home.
 
So picture time... The Easter Bunny left a basket for us at the Smith's so they brought it to church for us. They are such an awesome family. They feed us about once a week sometimes more. She owns the hair salon in Dayton so we don't have to pay for hair cuts and she is always helping us out. The other is our P-Day activity yesterday. We all went to Goodwill (Oregons DI) and bought the most outrageous clothes that we could find. The best pants that we could find were girl pants so that's what we are all wearing. My belt has golf clubs on it (you might have to zoom in to see them) and then I bought shoes to mach. Cheapest shoes I have ever bought only three dollars, I probably should have been concerned that Goodwill shoes were half off... oh well. None of us can golf at all. We were laughing so hard. I am pretty sure that it is the worst course ever made. The greens are made out of sand that you have to rake after each time. Super funny! 
 
Isn't that Easter sight cool. The Church is really doing a good job at improving their media. I didn't post. There are a few pilot missions that are using Facebook as a missionary tool but we aren't allowed to use it. As a part of that they showed the little clips on you tube as ads. The day of no more tracting I don't think is too far off.
 
I had the chance to get to talk with President Morby a couple of times this week. I really try to tell him hoe the work is going and I think that sometimes my candidness comes across as dicouragement. I really don't mean for it to but he called me and we talked on the phone for quite a while and then I had my quarterly interview with him the next day. He is so encouraging. He is one of those people who when you are with him you just can't feel anything but happy.
 
Thanks for all that you do for me. I love you all very much

No comments:

Post a Comment