Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 26


Hello once again!!
 
This last week was pretty much the same as it has been since I got to this area. Kinda frustrating but its ok. We are staring to see a little more potential. Last night we went to home evening with the breanch and played Pickle Ball which is way fun. Its kinda like tennis and ping pong mixed together. One nice thing is that with the branch we are able to stay busy with activites and there are sometimes non-members there who the branch is starting to work with so hopefully soon we will be able to start teaching them.
 
We also got to do service which I love. On Saturday we did some yard work (white trash style). we were filling stacks of tires with dirt for a raised garden:) Not my style but its also not my yard.  And then today we went and helped clean up a yard. We had three huge fires going (with the help of lighter fluid). It wasn't nearly as much fun as huge fires at home beacuse everything here is constantly soaked. But we got them going and after the heat dried out the wood they got super hot. We had green, blue and purple flames. It looked sweet. The one picture is me right after we got home and then the other is right after I got dressed. So that is about as current of a picture as there is (less than an hour).
 
Also this week I am finding all kinds of new Oregon allergies. They really started on Thursday and by Saturday I no longer had a voice. It is getting cleared up now thankfuly so I just need to keep it under control now.
 
That is fun that Jessica donated her hair to locks of love. I wasn't sure that she was ever going to let anyone cut her hair again.
 
I can't belive that Hailee is 2. I still remember the day she was born. Crazy how the time flies. And even though I am not there I am still her favorite even if she likes to spend time with Grandma.
 
That is too bad to hear about Eriks bike. I still need to find out about mine and if the Mission is paying for it or not. There are missionaries that when they get their nice bikes they wrap them in duct tape so they look junky so they don't get stolen. I don't know about that. A little too redneck for me.
 
Thanks for all that you do! You are the best family! Love and miss you tons!!!
 
Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment