Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 13


Dear Family, 
  
What a crazy week this has been once again. It always seems to amaze me at how fast the time really flies. This week makes it official that I have been gone for six months (tomorrow). I really can't believe where the time has gone. If you had told me a year ago that right now I would have been out on a mission I really am not sure that I would have believed you but now here I am. I really do have Bishop Dance to thank for that. He was a very patient man with me. That is exciting that Brother Landers is the new bishop. He will be very good.  
  
So we still don't have any work going on right now. This week once again we only taught three lessons, none of which are investigators. It is a little bit frustrating that we try and try but don't seem to get anywhere. I think that President Morby sees my frustration. The last tme that I saw him he pulled me off to the side and asked if I was ok (something that isn't out of the ordinary at all for him to do). However he then said that as he read my letter he was concerned for me and the area. He said that he has been concerned for this area for a while because it has really taken a step backwards. And then in his e-mail this week he said that if you have an investigator that is YSA age to make sure you refer them over to the YSA Elders. I think that the church wants to see the YSA branches be more successful so they are really pushing missionary work in them. We were able to get 20 hours of Tracting in this week though. It is not my favorite thing to do but it does keep us busy. 
  
Last night for FHE at the branch we had cinnomon rolls for the refreshments. Yours are still the best:) 
  
That is cool that Jessica is working at Lucy's. Which location is she at? They have really good pizza there. Do you think that she could get a job at WINCO after she graduates? I think that it is cool that she is starting to feel grown up. She has an incredible amout of potential. There is a recent convert in the branch that has a disibility and it is really sad to me to see his mom and others just keep pushing him down and saying that he can't do it. I wish that they could see the potential that he has. I am so greatful that there are people in the Branch that see that and are helping him to catch the vision. Klayton is now going to community college and trying to figure out a job that he can do. I am so greatful that he is taking hold of his life. I am also way more greatful that Jessica won't ever have to go through that. She is incredible! 
  
Thanks again for all that you do for me. You are really the best family in the world! Love ya tons!! Be safe in all your travels and soak up a little sun for me. It forgets to visit us over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment