Monday, March 5, 2012

February 28


Dear Family
This week has been interesting. We have really tried to keep busy and keep pushing forward in the work here. It is still WAY slow but I keep reminding myself that so was Gresham when I first got there so I just need to keep myself busy and allow the Lord to take over from there. This is His work and so he has a very strong desire for us to find success. However I also need to remember that He wont force anyone to the Celestial Kingdom. We have our agency and I am so greatful for that. Without it we really would be stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Now at least if that happens it is because I chose to be put there.
Sounds like life just keeps trudging forward like always. It is crazy to think that is is all ready March. Just think in just a little over two moths we get to have our second phone call. And in two weeks I will have been out for six months. Where has the time gone???? Don't get me wrong I miss you all very much but it doesn't seem like it has been that long since I saw everyone.
Thanks for the package. The GPS is super helpful. Also the bread and cookies.... FANTASTIC as always!!! We have breakfast as a district every P-day and yesterday everyone came over to our apartment and I used the bread to make french toast. Everyone loved it. The only problem is that I am almost out all ready but I love to have everyone come over and cook for them. Who would have guessed that I would have liked to throw the partys (not durring missionary hours)? Plus the cookies are basically gone I think that I have four left. There was an Elder yesterday that I think ate five or more plus I am pretty sure that Elder Henrie has had at least that much. On Sunday night we are having a special Break-Fast dinner as a district because we are having a special fast to find people to teach. I am in charge of a side so I think I will make the tomato cheese and been salad. It is funny how much I feel like I am in Relief Society getting assignments for dinner and making them for breakfast. But it is better that way because in Gresham it was always me doing it all.
So we still don't have too much to do. Which is really evident because there is a Senior couple that covers a ward in out district who had a family emergency so we took over there ward also. So with three wards we didn't even get to teach ten lessons. UGH! It is ok though we can make it through. We are finding ways to keep busy. If nothing else we are driving a lot. We even got unlimited miles for our car we are having to drive so much. It feels like all we do is drive out teach a short lesson in Yamhill and then drive thirty minutes to Dayton for dinner and then 15 minutes to Mcminville home.

No comments:

Post a Comment