Monday, June 10, 2013

June 9


Hey!
 
This past week has been really good. It really flew by fast. It is great that when you always have things to do how fast the time flies by.  We are working with a bunch of people and we are really trying to get them to progress in the gospel. It is so sad to see people make commitments and not keep them. I guess all we can do is invite.
 
Leatha is doing great though! When we went to the temple with them Elder Walker and I took their picture and we had an 8x10 collage of them and the temple printed off and then bought a frame and gave it to her yesterday at church. She broke down in tears. She really loved it. She asked if she could hug us and we said sorry but no she grabbed our hands and held on tight. Then she aske if we really couldn't hug. She is such a neat lady and she is an awesome member of the church. Now all we need to do is to get her husband to join her.
 
Things here are really starting to gear up... Lots to do that is for sure! Here are the big events that we have over the next few weeks....
 
1) Tuesday: we are on exchanges with the other Elders in the District
2) Thursday: Mission Tour with Elder Whiting of the 70
3) Saturday: Transfer Calls go out and we find out if we are going to be transferred or not
4) Monday: Transfers- This transfer is going to be a mission wide transfer where all missionaries are to be there even if they are not going to be transfered. That meens that there will be 272 full time missionaries in one place. Talk about POWER!
5) Sunday June 23: MTC Broadcast, I have no idea what it is about but it should be exciting. All full missionaries (I beleive in the world but I am not sure about that) are to attend.
6) Monday July 1: New missions in place. I could be in the Portland (President Morby), Salem (President Samulen), or Washington Vancouver (President Taylor) missions.
 
So next Monday I will know for sure which mission I will be in. Whatever area we are in is which mission we will serve. I am about 99% sure that I will be transfered. We don't get to take P-day on Tuesday next week so I will let you know next Monday if I am being transferred or not... Then you will just have to wait for another week to find out where I actually landed:) Welcome to the waiting game!
 
Things have really been going well. My allergies have been killing me. I went through a box of tissues in less than three days. I went and bought some Alegra which helped but it is still bad. Oh well I guess that is what happens when you serve in the allergy capitol of the world. I think that the worst part is everyone saying, "You look really tired!" I can't help that my eyes are swolen. Other than that I don't have any complaints.
 
Thanks for all that you do!!!
Love YA!
Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment