Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24


Hey family!!
 
So I don't really know how much I really explained about what happened this past transfer but here are a few interesting and funny things that happened:
         My companion is Elder Irvine. He was transferred to the Council Creek and Forest Grove 1st Wards in January 2013 serving with Elder Wohleeben. In February those wards were split and I replaced Elder Irvine and he was my District Leader. Then in May he was transferred to Dairy Creek Ward and I replaced him as the District Leader so I was his DL and he was my ZL. Well now we are companions for a little while. We go home together so we think that one of us is probably going to be transferred. Our Zone is really big and has a lot of companionship's and we know that there are going to be more added in this next transfer so our guess is that our zone is going to be split. Probably I will get sent down to McMinnville and they will make a McMinnville zone. I really hope that they don't because Elder Irvine and I get along really well. But I guess that if there is one thing that I have learned is that what I want is usually not what is best for me but what the Lord wants is always best.

          Also interesting is who is Elder Walkers new companion. In Tualatin I trained Elder Byam and then I left and he trained. I then came to Council Creek and eventually trained Elder Walker. Well now Elder Walker is companions with Elder Dedrickson who was trained by Elder Byam. So my mission "son" is being follow up trained by my mission "grandson"
 
This week has been crazy but awesome. We have just been going and going. So my entire mission if there was ever a question I would just have it go up the line and someone would figure it out. Well now I am in a leadership position so I am in a place to make some decisions. But actually it feels like a lot more than what it should be. Mostly because I am now in a new mission (in another week). Well because of that President Morby isn't making any decisions for our areas and our zone. He wants President Samuleon to be able to make those decisions. So It feels like we are mission presidentless. I guess that we have one but he is in the MTC right now. It just feels super weird. We have so many questions that are not being answered but if we need to know then I guess that we will know. 
 
I really love my new area. We are teaching many people and the ward is very supportive. There will be many great things that happen here. 
 
Is there a more exciting time to be a missionary? The changes that were announced yesterday will really push this work in the right direction. All I can say is that we are in the 11th hour. We have been for 200ish years but the time is getting shorter and you can feel the urgency around this work.
 
Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment