Monday, March 4, 2013

February 24


Hey!!!
This has been a very interesting week. Coming into a new area is a little bit hard because you don't know anyone and you have no idea what is going on. It is interesting though because it seems that as soon as you make it to church you are able to start putting names with faces and to start connecting the dots. This ward is very excited about missionary work which is awesome. When President Morby was talking about this ward he said that the Bishop here "Gets it." That is so true!!! The ward is great! There are quite a few younger couples that are living in the ward and going to school. Many of them are ward missionaries (there are 16 ward missionaries which is awesome!!). 
Well I don't know if you know this or not but on Friday there were 58 new missions. It is way cool how fast the work is starting to move. They created an Oregon Salem Mission and a Washington Vancouver Mission which will be effecting my mission more than likely. I really hope that I don't have to change missions. If so I would be in a different mission for my last two transfers... I guess that I will just have to wait and see what happens.
There is a lot of teaching going on here. When I felt that a transfer was coming my way back in January the only thing that I asked Heavenly Father for was that I would come to an area that I would be able to do a lot of teaching. So even though I have had a hard time leaving Tualatin I am thankful that I get to come here and spend most of my time teaching. We don't really have any investigators that are progressing right now but they will come. I have no doubt in my mind that with a ward as ready to work as this one that great things will happen. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here and to share the gospel. The happiness and peace that it brings is huge!! I find it so interesting as I talk with others about how God is our loving Father, a very simple basic doctrine to us, they just don't understand how that can be possible. For me i am just glad that I know that God loves me for me. 
Thanks for all that you do on my behalf!! I love you all very much!!!!!
Dustin 


No comments:

Post a Comment