Monday, March 4, 2013

February 11


Hey!!! 

Elder Byam and I had another really great week. This week we spent time with a few members that we don't usually spend time with and it is interesting how if you gain the trust of a few members you have the trust of the entire ward. The longer that I am out the more I am convinced that being a missionary isn't rocket science you just have to work hard and when you are asked to do something just follow through with it. The success that we have seen in this ward over the last four months is awesome. When I first got here all this ward expected was that the missionaries would come to dinner and church nothing else. Now the ward expects us to see a bunch of people and to always be busy. I love where this ward is now and I am glad that if I get transferred next week that Elder Byam will be ready to hit the ground running and really get to work. 

Jeff is still doing really well. We are working hard to try and get him as many friends as possible. It is so important that as members we reach out to others because no matter how much the gospel blesses our lives if we don't have a support system it becomes so easy to fall away. Jeff is doing great though. He is always at church early and is great.

We were able to set a tentative date with another family this past week!! That was a great step! She said that she now knows that the Book of Mormon is true. We just need to make sure that we keep them going strong and make sure that we keep her reading and praying. 

Other than that we had a great week. We just keep seeing miracles happen in so many others lives. There is so much to be done here and so many that need that comfort and peace that the gospel brings. I love all that we have and the chance that we have to share it is a huge blessing!!! I am so excited to hear where Krystal is going... No matter where it is I know that it will be where she is most needed.

I love you all and hope that you all have a Happy Valentines Day!!

Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment