Monday, December 10, 2012

November 18

Hey!! 

Sorry it is late there was a problem with the computers at the Library.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! We are going to be having Thanksgiving at the Schoonmakers. It should be a really good and fun Thanksgiving. They are one of those families that really love the missionaries and they really like us because we are "normal." That is one good thing about following missionaries that are less than fantastic. i will be here at least until the first part of January. I hope to be here until February with Elder Byam.

We had another great week. We are really seeing that when we put our effort into the work and really focus on helping others it allows the Lord to work miracles. All that he asks us to do is to work hard and do what our leaders expect of us, nothing more. There is no other way to get this work accomplished other than to work hard and trust in him. The longer that I am out the more I see that this is His work so I need to do it His way. I love being with Elder Byam! We go out and really work hard. We need to get better about effective time use but we are seeing great things happen and we are hearing time and time again how grateful people are that we are here to serve. They love seeing us out working and riding our bikes. It is weird how something as small as riding a bike can make such a big difference but it really means a lot to people. Jeff is still progressing forward. He had an interview with the Bishop this past week and afterwards he said that he felt "SO much better about being baptized."  Brother LaBar is also helping Jeff. They talk almost everyday. I am also seeing how important it is to have the members very heavily involved with all that we are doing. There is NO way we could do what we do without them. I hope that you have the chance and are taking the chance to help the Elders in the ward. Really small things are super helpful like last Sunday the Trosts gave us 24 eggs. That was breakfast for like a week. We are really seeing such a difference in the attitude of members and it is really fun.

I was able to find some shirts, I should be good for the rest of my mission. I did have to get some at TJ Maxx and then others at Fred Myer. So you can just pull the money out of my savings to pay off those charges that would be great. Thanks for the help there!

I am so thankful to be a missionary, to live in this wonderful country, to have wonderful people that help me here in Tualatin, for President and Sister Morby, for the Gospel, For Temples, for family and for my Savior. I hope and pray that we will all be able to remember how much we have been blessed with and remember to show that gratitude through our service to others and through prayer.

I love you all very much!!!

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment