Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 17

Hey! Hope that everything is going well. 

I guess that you probably know this but the shooting that was in Oregon was pretty close to me about twenty to thirty minutes away. Last Christmas I went to that mall two or three times. It was weird to be able to have people describe the situation and be able to see exactly where it was and know that I had eaten in that very same food court only a year ago. People here are really shaken up about it. It is so sad how the decisions of one person really effect so many more people. I know that they shut down the mall until the investigation is complete so I don't know if they have opened it back up yet or not. 

On to happier things we had a great week. This week we had the opportunity to leave the mission and go into Vancouver to the Ensign Choir Performance. It was great! We took Jeff, The Mossbergers, the Pritchetts, the Metlers and the LaBars. It was great! We introduced them all to President Morby after. We also had the Chance to help Eldon Mossberger set up Christmas lights on their house so that he could surprise his wife. That was way fun and really helped to build up a relationship. 

We also had the chance to do a solo (duet) in sacrament yesterday... not so good. It was a tenor solo and really pushed the limits. It was called the Sussex carol. So hard to sing but we got it done and Sis Wahnschaffe says to tell you that it was fantastic. 

At the concert on Friday right after Jeff was introduced to President one of the first things that he said was "You need to keep these two in my area longer." I am glad that we have been able to really build a great relationship with him and with the others in the area. Plus after that President looked at Elder Byam and I and said "I think we can work that out." That would make me so happy!! Elder Byam and I figured it out so that we could be companions until March 25th. That would just be fantastic. We will see though. I am sure that whatever happens will happen for a reason.

On Christmas I will call you from the LaBar's in the afternoon. I don't know what time yet because they also have a phone call to make with their son but it will be after two. 

I hope that everyone is doing well and that I hear from you next week. Merry Christmas!!! 

Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment