Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8

Hey!
 
So My LDS Mail still won't let me send anything so I will have to get that worked out with the Mission Office. But, this has been a really great week. The power of prayer became very real to me this week. We have a few investigators that for one reason or another we have not been able to contact or they are not progressing. That has been frustrating but I decided that I was going to just keep doing what I could even if I could do nothing other than pray. Well the Lord heard those prayers and we had many miracles happen this week. Our investigators that have really pulled back came to conference at our WML's and in talking with Bro Metler last night he said that Andre` really opened up and was able to sit and listen. Our investigator that we have not been able to contact for the past five weeks contacted us and let us know that she still wanted to meet but that life happened and that she is moving this week but wants to meet after that. Our new investigator from last week was able to watch conference with us on Sunday and felt the spirit and said that it really answered some questions that he had. We also went and had a lesson with a former who the ward has started to fellowship. They were very warm and friendly to us and we are going to the Visitors Center with them on Saturday. We are planning on asking them to start taking the lessons again while we are up at the Temple. So we have a lot of really cool things that are starting to happen!
 
Wasn't Conference great!! I loved it. Elder Grimes and I had to split so that we could watch it with our investigators. So I went and watched it with Jeff our new investigator from last week at the Labar's house. Jeff loved it! That was fun. This ward is so great to work with they are WAY helpful and will do anything for us. It is sad that they lost trust in the Missionaries because of almost a years worth of bad missionaries but Elder Grimes and I have been successful at rebuilding those relationships. 
 
It is fun to hear about the family. I am glad that everyone is doing well. I hope that all of you know how much I love you! I hope that you all have a great week! Transfers are on Monday so I will e-mail on Tuesday!
 
Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment