Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 14


Hey!
 
This week has been really good.  I went and worked with one of our Zone Leaders. It was really good. We are really seeing many great things start to take place and I am super excited for the upcoming transfers. I don't know if Sis. Schoonmaker told you or not but I am training. President told me that about 5 weeks ago so I have really been looking forward to try and get ready for that. My companion is Elder Byam (said by-um).  It is really fun. He is from Southern Alberta and his parents dropped him off at the Stake Center yesterday morning and today are on their way to the MTC to drop off his sister. So they are loosing two of their three kids this week.
 
We have lots of great things happening. This week we got two new investigators and possibly picked up a former. It has been great. In Tualatin we are really close to the Temple (10-15 min) so we have a goal of taking one person a week there. The spirit is so strong and it really helps connect the dots. Thats what we were doing with the Schoonmakers on Saturday is we went with the former to the temple and she had tons of questions. But I think that the trip to the temple really helped. We also went with Jeff last night. He is having a hard time accepting baptism but I hope and pray that understanding the importance of the temple helps him understand why we really teach baptism. It is really great how the spirit works and prepares people. I am beginning to realise how important it is to have members closely involved in missionary work. There is nothing that we could do without their help. Our efforts would be entirely wasted.
 
So because I am training I now have a mission "son." So I have a pregnancy picture and also a picture of us this morning.
 
I hope that things are going well. I love you all so much! Thanks for all that you do for me!!
 
Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment