Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 21

Hey!

This week has been really good. So last Tuesday I got my new bike... way better!!! So Elder Byam and I were trying to figure out what we should do with the old one. We decided that it would be really fun to do an experiment and take it to the train stop by our apartment  and leave it without locking it up to see how long it would take to get stolen. We left it there on Wednesday at 7am. That day we got picked up for a meeting at the church at 10am and we drove by and it was gone. So in less than three hours it was stolen. So that night we went and took pictures to document our "science" experiment. It was really funny!! Well there is a twist in the story now... Monday morning we are on our way to the Library and Elder Byam (whose first name is Dustin... Crazy!) said I am just waiting for it to show back up on this rack one day. So we are walking and he looked over and said, "Wait isn't that your bike?!?" So whom ever took it is now riding it and they are even going as far as to lock it up. Super funny and we have pictures to document all phases of the experiment. 

I am so happy with where I am right now. The longer I am in Tualatin the more that I really love it here. I think if I end up being here six months or more that I will move here later because I really love it!! I also really love Elder Byam! He is a lot like me.  Plus we have so much fun while we are out working. It makes the work go so much better!!! We had a rough week where Satan kept getting between us and our investigators but we are going to Destroy Satan this week!!! He is going down!!!! We had to spend a lot of time in meeting and other things that took us away from real work but we are ready to go out and really "Beast it!!!"

Picture #1) My bike on Wednesday morning right after the drop off
Picture #2) The rack where my bike was 14 hours earlier
Picture #3) My bike back on the rack five days later only this time locked up (not with my lock)

Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment