Monday, June 18, 2012

June 4


Howdy!
 
Sounds like a really good week. You know that things are really busy when the letter is broken down by day. I love the family activities that we have and really miss them. On Sunday we had to stop by the Smith's for a few minutes and Brother Smith and Brother Oliviera (Sis Smith's brother) were watching the hunting channel and making fun of the red necks who were being stupid. I couldn't help but think of our family while that was going on.The Smith/Oliviera family is much like ours. Sister Oliviera (the older) has all ready offered her house to our family when we come back to visit. We get along really well because they are so similar to our family.
 
The baptism was really good! The Spirit in the room was really strong! Nate asked me to baptise him which was exciting to me. We are really supposed to encourage them to use members but when he asked I didn't say no. It was a really great experience and I am greatful that I had the opportunity to be a part of that.. Nate is so AWESOME! On Sunday he said that he hadn't stopped smiling since his baptism which I think is true because he was smiling all day on Sunday and then again last night. President and Sister Morby were also able to make it to the baptism which was really cool. They are so great! they basically dedicate their Saturdays to going to baptisms because they feel that it is really important to show as much support as they can to those who are getting baptized. They really are amazing people and I am constantly impressed with them. We were able to get pictures with them and Nate so I will send those home soon. I was going to send them today but I don't know what I did with my camera cable so I can't send them today.
 
That really is the most exciting thing that happened this week. Nate is at a job interview up by Seattle today. I hope that he gets it but at the same time not. I am a little selfish and don't want him to move.
 
Transfers are coming up this next week but I am almost certain that I won't be transferred but that is also what I said when I got transferred out of Gresham. But Elder Osgood and I have only been companions for six weeks so I don't think that will change.
 
Thanks for all that you do for me. You are really the best family that I could ask for. Elder Osgood and I were talking about our hopes and dreams for the future and I couldn't help but think that I hope that my own family turns out basically the same as the family that I all ready have. I love you all!
 
Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment