Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 18


Hello once more!!
 
This has been a great week. Thanks for the package! I am guessing that the candy and socks are loot from Sweden. Please tell Ylva thanks!!!
 
1) Brandon Martin was baptized on Friday and then i got to confirm him in sacrament on Sunday. That was really cool! Then the Branch President did something very unconventional and gave him the priesthood right there in sacrament. That was the answer to many prayers of many people.
 
2) Nate Wilson also got the Priesthood in Sacrament. He is really growing his testimony strong. He got the job in Washington and will be moving this week.  :( I am just very grateful that he has a strong testimony and also a good brother to support him. He will do great in this life and in the life to come.
 
3) We visited one of our part member families.  His wife was up in Canada and we stopped in and we went out in the garage (man cave) and we talked for probably almost an hour and a half two hours!!! I guess the part of Canada that he is from there is a big feud between Catholics and Mormons. That feud has left a sour taste in his mouth about the church. He loves missionaries and has admitted that one day he will probably join the church but he doesn't want to feel forced into it. So we are working on getting a really good and positive relationship with him so that we can overcome the sour taste. 

I really can't wait to come back to Dayton as a non-missionary so that I can hang out with the entire Smith family. They are really cool!
 
Other than that nothing too exciting is currently happening. I guess the best part of what is going on right now is that I feel a great love for the work. I get really excited (much to the dismay of Elder Osgood because it usually involves my socker boppers which are inflatable boxing pillows that I got from the Smith's) when we are planning for our day. I love this work and the best part is because The gospel is true!!!
 
Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you all very much!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment