Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September 29


Hey!
 
This past week went by very fast and this week won't be any different. Time is really flying by and I can't belive that it is all ready October!!!! Crazy!!!
 
It was a good week though. We had an exchange with the AP's on Tuesday and that went really well. Elder Buhler came to the area with me and he served in my area about 6 months ago and we were able to go and contact a few people that we had been trying to see but hadn't been sucessful in our attempts so it was nice to be able to make that contact with someone who all ready had a realtionship with them.
 
Then Wednesday we had our Temple trip. That was a great experiance to be able to go and worship there. It was so nice and then after the temple we took the way home through Tualatin and stopped at my favorite restrant there, Roxy's Hawiian Grill. It is so good,out of my mission now but we needed to eat somewhere.
 
Then after the Temple trip I went out to Lincoln City with Elder Hardy. It was so much fun to be able to be out at the beach. From their balcony you can see the ocean. There is a hotel that is blocking the view directly in front of them but you can see it off of both sides. It was fun to be able to go running on the beach for our morning exercises. The biggest problem that I had was I forgot running shorts and shoes, so I went wearing a pair of plaid flanel pants an orange hoodie and no shoes. I look rediculous but it was fun. the sand on my feet made them all nice and smooth:) I was so ready to get soaked while I was there because it is a bike area on the coast, that is just asking for rain. Much to my happy suprise it was blue skies and sun shine all day!
 
Friday through this morning we had a crazy rain storm. Apparently there was a typhon in Japan that came accross the ocean and landed here. There is a mountain inbetween Banks and the ocean so we didn't get as much rain but in the 2 1/2 days we had 5'' of water.
 
There seems to be something about running right now that we seem to be always involved in, on Saturday there was the Oregon Marathon that we helped take down after the event. tyfoon rains and a marathon don't really mix too well. It was crazy but fun and everyone was soaked! Then Elder Lee and I went running this morning to start to prepare for our 5k in two weeks, I made it 2 miles without stopping and I could have finished all three just fine. Tell you what though the air was thick and very wet which made it hard to breath as we were running.
 
I am so excited for conference! It is so much fun to be able to listen to the prophet and hear what the Lord has to say to us. I love you all and can't wait to see you! I am still working hard but ready to come home.
 
See you soon!
 
Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment