Monday, September 16, 2013

September 9

Hey!!

This has been another great week! It went by SO fast. The first week of a transfer always seems to be the fastest but I really don't think that it is going to slow down. Big events always seem to make time go faster and there are several "big" events over the next month. Elder Lee and I had a great week. Both with Elder Irvine and with Elder Lee it has been weird being their companions because we have served around each other for so long that it feels like we are just on exchanges. It is great though. 

Things in my world have been a little more quite, Elder Irvine and I never stopped talking so it has felt very quiet over the past week. Not that Elder Lee and I don't get along it is just a different companionship and we don't talk like a bunch of teen-aged girls. We spent a lot of the week going around and trying to see different people and searching for new people to teach, everything in life as a missionary depends on having people to teach. 

We do have one investigator with a baptism date, Kristyn. She started to meet with missionaries over two years ago but her parents won't let her be baptized until she is 18, which happens in November. I hate to see parents be so unsupportive of their children. It is so sad to know that they really want to be a part of the church but mom and dad say no. She has even been paying her tithing over the past two years even though she isn't a member. I am just really excited for her that she can be baptized soon. 

So I had Sister Hawker help me order a suit. It ended up only costing $150. The really funny part is that I went to pay for it and what do you know my debit card had expired so I had her log into paypal and just take it out of my checking account. They said that it should be delivered before the end of the month and if there are any problems with the fit Sister Hawker said that she can adjust it. It is so nice having the Hawkers live next door, they really take good care of us. Today we went with disk golfing with Brother Hawker. It was a great course out in the middle of nowhere (between Banks and Vernonia if you want to look it up on google maps, Stub Stewart State Park). I will miss places like that when I get home, it is cool to be able to drive for less than 15 minutes and be at a state park. I am going to sell my bike to the Hawkers. 

I am really excited to be able to go to the temple. I haven't been able to go since July and I am excited to see the changes. I get to go on the 25th with my district and then I get to go again on Oct 8th for the departing trip. It kind of freaked me out when they told me that this week, time has just gone by so fast. I am just glad that there are good things happening here and that I get to have such a great finish. 

Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you all!

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment