Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 1


Hey!
 
This has been a great week! I got Elder Irvine shipped off down to Albany to be a ZL down there for 6 weeks. I am super happy that I was able to stay here, I really didn't want to have a six week area. I really wanted to stay here and get the work built up. My new companion is Elder Lee. We served in the McMinnville District together for 6 months and we work together quite a bit while we were there. He is a great missionary and I am glad that he is my companion. He and I are a good fit and we work well together. I really never would have thought that he would ever be my companion, I have learned to never to to guess or predict what is going to happen. Elder Walker is training which is way exciting! That makes two mission sons and three mission grandsons.
 
Last night at Kindel's was great. When we set it up she said that her husband was going to be gone hunting but when we got there her entire family was there (husband and two kids) and then a few minutes later her father came over. The dinner wasn't quite ready when we got there so we visited with them for a while while it finished cooking and then she asked me to say grace. We then went out on her back porch and had dinner, she has an awesome view of the valley. Our dinner conversation was great. We were able to talk about what a mission is and what we do as missionaries. Her father had the most questions. It was funny at one point Kindel told her dad that he needed to ask her a question so that I could eat before I wasted away. After dinner she took us and showed us her goats and chickens. Then she showed us around her house, she has a sweet office that dad would love. Just before we left I asked if we could share a scripture and Kindel called her kids in. I decided to share Ether 12:27 and talk about grace. It was cool because they had heard about the Book of Mormon but didn't really know what it was so I was able to share a little about it. She then handed us a dozen eggs and some brownies and as we were on the way out she remembered that she wanted to hear my companion play the piano but it was getting kind of late so he said maybe next time. She was excited about that and said if you don't hear from me in the next few weeks to just send her a text and invite ourselves back up. They are a super awesome family and they would be awesome members of the church. Perhaps she will have a few questions and she will contact you or maybe even she will contact me. We will try to make it back up there before I leave. I was so happy that I didn't get transferred, I totally set that appointment in faith that I wouldn't get transferred because it was the earliest time that she could do it.
 
This past week after I was able to get in contact with Kindel I remembered that after I got my call mom told me that she had a friend that lived in Banks which is near Portland and that maybe I would get transferred to Banks and be able to teach her. Then I got transferred her and got an appointment with her, I didn't get transferred and I extended. If all of that hadn't happened I wouldn't have been able to meet her. Maybe this is the reason that I needed to extend was so that she could have the gospel. She said that she occasionally goes running with Nina Shurts who is the Young Woman's President. She already has fellowship:)
 
Things here are going really well, we just keep having miracles happen and I don't see them ending anytime soon. It is so much fun to be a part of this great work. I am so glad that I have had this great opportunity to be here and to serve. 
Thanks for all that you do for me! Love you all
 
Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment