Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 26


Hey!
 
This was a great week. We had the awesome opportunity of being able to be trained by Elder Richards. He was such a gentle man and you could really feel his love for the Gospel and the Savior. There is such power when a man comes under the keys of President Packer. I don't know how people can feel that power and then fall away. I guess that is why it is so important that we are constantly feeding our spirits.

We are seeing great things happen here. The building process is going slower than I would like but we are really seeing many great things happen. We have an investigator  that wants to be baptized but her parents are making her wait until she turns 18 in November and she doesn't want to be taught the lessons everytime that missionaries come into the area because she really is active the only thing that is missing is baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. However we didn't want her to loose her testimony especially because she is so close to being able to be baptized so we decided to ask her if she would be willing to help us teach another one of our investigators. She is really excited about that and we are going to be going over and teaching her how to use Preach My Gospel and go over the lesson that we are going to be teaching. A way to teach her without her feeling like she is just going over the lessons again. We also had a lesson with Don this week. He said that he wants to be baptized but he says that he has some things that he needs to work through in his mind. He doesn't want to make a commitment to God before he is ready. He is afraid of making that covenent and then falling short. We are working with him to overcome that fear.
Thanks for the note on Kindel. I will give her a call. I hope that we are able to go over before transfers just in case I get moved. Transfers are next Monday. Chances are very good that I will get a new companion and possibly move. They won't white wash (both missionaries new to the area) a Zone Leader area unless they have to and going home together isn't a very good reason to do that to an area. But we will see. President Samuelian said that one of us will probably move but he will see what the spirit tells him to do.
 
This past week I was talking to Elder Buhler, one of the AP's, about my extention. He said that it had to work its way up through the missionary department. Church policy is that you cannot extend more than 30 days which means that your plane lands at home on day 30. Well my plane lands on day 31 and apperently it was a very costly move. But it got approved and who knows maybe it made it to Elder Nelson and Holland. But I bet that it didn't:)
 
Thanks for all that you do for me. I know that I have made things a little comlicated but I really am grateful for all that you have done for me.
 
Love You!!
Dustin 

No comments:

Post a Comment