Monday, August 12, 2013

August 11


Hey!

We had an awesome week! We were able to find new investigators and to teach and see many miracles. The best part is that the investigators that we found came through members. They really are the key to this great work. We took Chelsea to the temple yesterday. That went really well and it really helped her to open up and ask questions. She is torn right now because she wants to be able to please everyone in her life and part of the people that she loves are telling her one thing and the other part are telling her another. She is living the Word of Wisdom, praying, reading the Book of Mormon, etc. She has even asked her Catholic boy friend to read the Book of Mormon and come to church but he said no. He is really what is standing in the way of her taking the step of baptism.  She leaves for school in 10 days so we are going to have to pass her off to the missionaries in Portland. Her member friend has also talked with her about attending institute as well. I have faith that she will be able to overcome the obstacles that are standing in her way.

Things here are going great though. They just keep growing and Elder Irvine and I just keep talking about how we feel like we are not the reason why it is the Lord's hand in it. We just keep doing what we know we are supposed to do and it all works out. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say..." We are really seeing this come to pass. I am so glad that I have had the chance to serve here with Elder Irvine, we really work well together and we have seen many miracles.

On Friday we were on Exchanges with our district leader and his companion out in Tillamook. When I got my call I remember Grandma Steel saying that she hoped that I wouldn't have to serve in any bike areas and that I would get to serve in Tillamook. Well I have spent over half of my mission on a bike and I din't think that I will ever be assigned to the Tillamook Ward but I did spend the night there and served there for 24 hours. I think that we will just have to call that a success:)

We had Zone Conference this past week. That was really great. President Samuelian is a very spiritual man and when you meet him you know that he really is the man that the Lord would have be here right now. He has really been able to change the perspective that missionaries have.

Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you all!

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment