Monday, August 27, 2012

August 6


Hey!
 
So the biggest thing that happened this week is that we moved! That is so nice to have over with but also super nice to have. It feels that we are much more effective in our ability to plan our days so that we spend less time on the road and more time with people. I think that is my favorite part of missionary work is getting to be with people and help them come closer to Christ. It was kinda funny the lady that was in the apartment before us was 7 months behind on rent and was supposed to be moved out on the 28th but didn't actually move out until the night of the 30th. Amy our landlord that I have a good relationship with was super funny about it. She is a very sarcastic person and has a way of making everything super funny. So we get all in and the first thing that I do is throw my sheets into the washer and..... The water all leaks out the bottom. So we call her and she comes over and I quote "Its funny how someone who owes you seven months rent neglects to tell you that the washer doesn't work." You would just have to hear her say it. The new place is nice though. It feels much more like a home than an apartment. It has pergo floors and the walls have color on them and there is an island in the kitchen. It just feels homelike rather than like every apartment in America.
 
It was a little sad this week because our new investigator dropped us but it was a very soft drop. His dad committed suicide when he was 11 and the news made it a very public thing. So because of that he suffers mentally so he is going through counseling and on new medicine so he wants to get baptized but wants to have his life in order first. It is sad because I know that the Gospel is the answer that can bring him peace but he can't see that right now.
 
 You learn so much as a missionary and even about things that are not related to the gospel at all.
I don't know what my new address is yet. We don't quite have the mail figured out yet (much to the dismay of Elder Osgoods mom who sends him something every week). I will get that and sent it to you next week. Thanks for allowing me to be an independant person. 
 
I only know of one family that is coming over to BYU-I but they have family that live in Ammon. But if I hear of anyone else I will let them know.
 
I love you all very much and am greatful for all that you do for me!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment