Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Aug. 27


Hey Family!!
 
This has been another great week. Thanks for the package. I have all ready used all of the pop corn. Also this Monday is transfers so don't mail anything to Dayton, I will more than likely be tranfered. We have a very active zone leader who likes to influence transfers and has been successful at it in the past and he said that he called the AP's and asked for me to train and for our area to be white washed (two new missionaries in). I don't know if that will happen or not but there are 14 new English Elders coming in this transfer so it could happen. Elder Harris (ZL)  said that in his opinion Elder Martinson (my MTC comp) and I are the only two Elders in the Zone who are ready to train. Also crazy is that Elder Mecham goes home in Tuesday!!! He is in Oregon City right now in Kacie and Jason's ward. He said he is going to come by and say hi and borrow my seasons of House. 

Yesterday we had a really fun p-day. We all came to our apartment and played QUELF. Such a funny game. So the pictures are of Elder Adams with the box hat and Elder Vander Werff when he wasn't able to use his arms and had to eat/drink whatever we gave him. Super funny! 
 
The coolest thing happened this week. A less-active  sister, and has been for some time. I think about six years which is when she moved to Oregon. She is super nice to the missionaries. I guess that about a year ago the missionaries invited her to take the lessons and she was surprised because she has been to the temple and knows the gospel. Well over the last seven months we have been going over and helping her around the house because she has MS.  At the end of the last transfer I asked her to take the lessons. She accepted and was actually excited about it.  She and I have developed a really good relationship (I think that is because of my connective personality LOL). Well because of health problems and other things we have only been able to teach her twice over this past transfer. Last Friday we went over and had a lesson then did some service and then had dinner. Before we ate she came over to the table and offered the prayer. Her prayer was the cool part. In  her prayer she prayed for us, for our investigators, for those who would become invesigators, for the less actives that we were working with, "including myself." WHAT!?!?!?! Super exciting. She is starting to want to make changes. I am going to tell her on Friday that it is probably going to be my last week in Dayton and that I want to see her in church this week. I hope and pray that she comes because as soon as that first time is overcome it just becomes that much easier for her to keep coming.
 
I hope that you all have a really great week. I love all of you very much and pray for you.
 
Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment