Monday, February 11, 2013

January 27


Hey!!!

That's cool that you are getting snow:) It has started to rain here again. We had a few weeks of dry (as dry as Oregon gets) and cold but it is now mid 40's. 

We have had a very interesting week... Nothing seemed to go according to plan (which is the norm). On Tuesday I was not feeling to well in the morning but I got up and we walked up to our meeting at the church. We were there until about 1:30 and then we were walking back down and then I got really light headed and had to focus on breathing. So I told Elder Byam that we needed to go home so that I could lay down before I fell down. Luckily after sleeping for a while I felt better... who know what was wrong but its all good now:) Then on Wednesday we had a temple trip:) Those are awesome (I love the temple here but I think that Idaho Falls has a better one but I am probably bias) We had an appointment at two that we were going to be late for but it was going to be ok... until our ride didn't come until after four. The last part of the week went pretty well though. It ended up being one of those weeks were everything that you had planned fell through but everything that you haven't been able to get to work just fell into place. 

Thursday we were able to meet with a girl that we tracted into in October or November. She was baptized last May in Caldwell and then moved here and hasn't been to church since. and then She came to church Sunday and we are meeting with her again this week!! 

We were also able to set up a lesson with Mai at the Silliman's house tonight. That will be great because we have not been able to meet with her since the first. It is hard for me to not get frustrated and remember that just because I have my life dedicated to missionary service doesn't mean that everyone else has their life dedicated to listen to what I have to share (even though what I have to share is the greatest thing). 

I think that the miracle of the week though is once again the part member family. We met with them twice this week... once at their house and once at the temple visitors center. It was great and we just let her take the lead at what we looked at and how long we spent at each place. It went really well. Then they came to church yesterday (their daughter was wearing the dress that we got her)!!! There is no doubt in my mind that she will get baptized. While we were at the temple that was all that I could think of was them coming and getting sealed as a family. I hope that I will get to be a part of that.

Jeff is also still doing really well. He called us on Thursday because he hadn't hear from us and he was worried that something might be wrong (that is what happens on a crazy week). So we went and visited him. He is excited to go do baptisms at the temple. He will be a great life long member. 

I love the story of the Savior teaching his apostles after he was resurrected. Each mission president has a theme for the mission so in this mission under President Dykes it was DO THE HARD THING and then President Morby came and now it is LEAVE YOUR NETS. The theme comes from when Christ told Peter to leave his nets and "Feed My Sheep." So we are to leave our "Nets" (iPhones, iPads, cars, friends, family, etc.) and feed His sheep. I love it! 

Thanks for all that you do for me!! I love you all!!!

Dustin
January 

No comments:

Post a Comment