Monday, November 5, 2012

October 28

Hey!!

I am glad you got the package. The hats are for the kids yes but as I was packing them up I think that they might be too small so if they are sorry. The brown ones are for the boys and the blue for the girls. Elder Byam and I are going to be making 14 beenies for our district for Christmas. This past week we got almost three done so I think that we will make it.

The work here is going really well. The ward is way excited and happy. We saw Jeff this past week and showed him Elder Hollands Mormon Message "Safety for the Soul" and after we watched it he said "By the way I just wanted to tell you that I have decided to join your church and get baptized. (pointing to me) You closed the deal." The big joke in the ward is that I am the "Closer" because I have a way of being.... well lets just say bold. I really have never had problems expressing what I think/ want. The members love it because  I am bold but still loving.The Halloween party was great here. They really went all out and had a fear factor which included live cockroaches that Sis Schoonmaker went into Portland and bought. It was awesome though! We had Jeff there as well as three other part-member families that we have been working with. It was fantastic!

Really funny story. We were helping Bro LaBar (who is so awesome) with a move and he was telling me that he bought a new 55" LED TV without asking his wife. So he asked if after the move we could come over and help him set it up. So we did and needless to say Sis LaBar isn't super happy with it but the entire thing was so funny just because of everything that had happened. Also yesterday we were on our way to church and we had just started up the three mile long hill to the church and Elder Byam said that he forgot his jacket so we had to turn around and and go back. We were riding really fast down the hill and the light turned red so Elder Byam slammed on the brakes and stopped but my bike is a road bike so when I slammed on the brakes all that happened is that my back tire slid out to the side and I was sliding. Super funny and scary because I was sliding into a really busy intersection but somehow I got stopped and didn't even fall over. It was great!! Plus we were still on time for church.

Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you all very much! Have a great week!!

Love Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment